VAI Cloud Provides Continuous Security Updates to Data Centers to Protect Software and Hardware Environments
Ronkonkoma, N.Y. – November 14, 2022 - VAI, a global ERP software developer, today announced that VAI Cloud, LLC, a subsidiary of VAI, is adding additional security, detection and prevention capabilities to its cloud infrastructure to provide global customers ongoing 100% uptime in the cloud. As organizations are more aware of data vulnerabilities and breaches during this new era of distributed work, VAI Cloud has always made it a priority to enable a security-first model that continuously updates cloud infrastructure running in VAI data centers. This includes regularly scheduled penetration and vulnerability testing from the VAI team and evaluation of the latest security and software capabilities in the market.
VAI Cloud includes many different technologies but at the heart of it is IBM POWER9 systems. The company is already in the early stages of deploying IBM Power10 in 2023, expanding on VAI’s commitment to utilizing the latest and most secure technology on behalf of organizations hosting their workloads in VAI Cloud. Since its inception in 2009, VAI Cloud has maintained 100% uptime and ensures that all customer data is protected in the event of an outage or catastrophic event through High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR). With three data centers currently at two locations. VAI Cloud is built to maximize performance capabilities, increase scale, and reduce the risk of downtime. VAI’s included HA provides customers with their replicated data to provide overall uptime availability and redirect customer traffic to a different data center in the possibility this becomes necessary. This ensures that customers always have access to their data.
“As more companies move their line of business applications to VAI Cloud, it is of the utmost importance for VAI customers to have the latest technology that is secure, reliable, and supports infrastructure in which customers run their ERP applications with VAI S2K Enterprise software,” said Kevin Beasley, CIO, VAI. “Our data centers are a testament to our commitment to providing secure and scalable environments for our customers to grow and prosper. Our data centers offer features such as energy-efficient, highly secure, and ongoing security testing of the infrastructure with added physical and cybersecurity measures in place to ensure that our customers’ data is always protected, under any conditions.”
Benefits of VAI Cloud include:
- Improved Security: VAI Cloud adds the latest in security beyond most businesses' capabilities and automatic updates without the need for downtime.
- Reduced Capital Costs: There’s no need to spend large sums of money on on-premise hardware, infrastructure software, or maintenance fees.
- Less Personnel Training: It takes less time to train your employees when you’ve moved to the cloud, with a minimal learning curve for maintaining your IT operations.
- Faster Deployments: Stay within budget and maintain completion cycle times.
- Scalability: Increase volume output or productivity by adding computing capacity on demand. Your costs only incrementally increase by adding capacity on the fly in the cloud and can be reduced later if necessary. This is opposed to on-premises where you must purchase new equipment or servers requiring additional capacity.
- Expertise in Cloud Infrastructure: VAI team members have many decades of experience in IBM and cloud infrastructure.
To learn more about VAI Cloud, please visit: https://www.vaicloud.net/
VAI is a leading independent mid-market ERP software developer renowned for its flexible solutions and ability to automate critical business functions for the distribution, manufacturing, retail, and service sectors. VAI's software solutions are backed by a wealth of experience and a reputation for excellence that countless companies rely on. With specific ERP solutions for Hard Goods, Food, and Pharmaceutical companies, VAI has helped some of the most recognized companies address key industry requirements and deliver bottom-line results. VAI continues to innovate with new solutions that leverage analytics, business intelligence, mobility, and cloud technology to help customers make more informed business decisions and empower their mobile workforce.
About VAI Cloud LLC
VAI Cloud, LLC is the primary provider for cloud deployment of VAI’s S2K Software Suite. VAI Cloud enables businesses to have a disaster recovery plan and high availability in place without all the complexities and expense. VAI Cloud infrastructure spans multiple data centers with full synchronization between redundant systems. Customers in VAI Cloud can add additional resources and updates are done without the need for downtime. For more information, visit www.vaicloud.net.